Tuesday 24 November 2015

A Rare Bird Indeed..

Nurse at pre-op appointment at the hospital: 
Stage IV Endo, both tubes ruined AND adenomyosis? You're a rare bird indeed, I've never seen that combination in my 25 year career.


Surgery is Friday.  I'm only slightly terrified (see also: seriously terrified). Worst case? They open me up, look around, realize things are too much of a disaster to do anything, and close.  The dream is over. No babies for us. This would be the same rude awakening that awaited me after my last surgery a few months ago.

Best case? Tubes come out, IVF starts early 2016. Then it's only tens of thousands of dollars, figuring out how to make my bum ovaries produce more eggs, and hope that the little guys live through fertilization, freezing, thawing, and transfer. Easy peasy.

We will see... Friday is the day... two more days... I've got this.. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment